Friday, August 6, 2010

Salut

Bonjour. bonjourbonjourbonjour. Here comes the baker with his tray like always. The same old bread and rolls to sell.
On the subject of music, my audition last week payed off! I get to sing for all the senior missionaries this Monday! So... I get to rememorize all the words to 'I Know that My Redeemer Lives.' Yay! I had decided that I wasn't going to be singing, so the invitation in the mail yesterday was a fab surprise.
Also on the subject of music, I got my cd yesterday! Thankyouthankyou. Mike is amazing. Ahh. It made me really miss writing music. I have gotten so many ideas for songs since I've been here. I talked to my teacher, Soeur Call, about it. We had a really good conversation about how following the Spirit when you're in the field is kind of the same as just following your talents and not being afraid to do things different. One time we were practicing contacting here, and when she opened the door we sang 'Aimez vos freres' to her and the Spirit was there so strong. Even though it was just a 'role play.' Aimez vos freres is love one a another.
On Wednesday I taught a really good lesson on the Plan of Salvation. We taught the former president of the Madagascar mission, a lady, and her 5 month old boy. He was ADORABLE. I don't see enough children here.
Also on Wednesday I was sitting outside when my friend Sister Watson walked by. She is the French lady whose house I ate at and such. She had her kids with her, and I talked with her for about ten minutes. She walked by at exactly the wrong time too. I was in the midst of a -can't wait to get to France- mood. Then she decides to show up, I LOVED it, and then I wanted to go to France twice as bad. Ten days. Ten days. We're supposed to get our travel plans today.
On that subject, we should be flying out on the 16th. I don't know where you'll be. But make sure to have a phone so I can call. But I'll give you the final deets next week.
This week I've studied a lot about humility/pride. I decided that pride is kind of the root of every bad thing. Stupid pride. On the other hand, humility is charity, diligence, patience, service, and everything else good.
Oh. I whole heartedly approve of moving to a town called Orange. It happens to be a favorite color of mine. Also, orange cream soda, oranges, orange sherbet, orange gelato, orange jello, peaches, apricots, and carrots. I looked at it on google maps and was thoroughly impressed with the greenness. I'll design the house if you decide to build. K deal.
Time is going so fast and so slow at the same time. It's a funny little thing, time.
We're going to the temple today.
Lovelovelove,
Elder Ben Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment