Monday, June 27, 2011

Well one of this week's highlights was getting free Danette yogurt in centre-ville. Then we got filmed and became famous. Here is the link. We are in it twice really quick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXaD4gfJCsU All of the video you see is in Reims... home sweet home for me. It's a really cool city.

Otherwise... Do you know the song 'My Kindness shall not Depart from Thee?' Elder Bjerga and I are going to sing it for sacrament meeting here either this week or next week. We both really really love music. Our neighbors must be aware of that fact too. We are always always are singing in our apartment. Anytime that we have a few minutes to kill in the church we go to the piano and I play stuff and he sings.

In Paris this week we had our last zone conference with President and Sister Staheli. It was so SADDD. At the end we all got in a line and hugged them, then we stood up and sang 'Que Dieu soit avec toi jusqu'au revoir' (God be with you till we meet again). On the last verse President and Sister Staheli set down their hymn books and walked out through the middle of us. I think that every single person was crying. I want President Staheli to seal me in the temple when I get married. I bet there family and friends are excited to have them back home after 3 years :)

President Poznanski gets here tomorrow I think. He's the first French member to be a mission president in France. We have interviews with him this thursday.

It sounds like really good things are happening on the home front. When do Josh and Shannon join the party? I tell so many people about you guys and the cool stuff you do. I'm glad Jordan is now eating fresh and working at Subway. He can hook me up with some spicy italian sandwiches when I am there. We actually go to Subway here fairly often to remind us of America. It's weird here though. First of all, they measure in centimeters, so there goes the whole 'foot long' thing. And then even if they had the foot long it wouldn't be 5 dollars. It's like 7 or 8 euros... so convert to dollars and it's like our entire month's savings.

Elder Bjerga and I have been getting super close lately. We need to not stay up so late, but we have been having some really deep conversations lately while trying to go to sleep in the summer heat. I feel really close to him. Like someone that you can always count on to be there.

Well, we got some stuff to do. I hope you love the yogurt video. It was actually really good yogurt. I got a chocolate one with chunks of pear. Mmm :)

Love you guys,
Elder Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment