Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snowwwwwwwww.

It has snowed almost every day this week. The problem is that Paris is just not equipped for snow and so it becomes a bit of a problem. For example, church was canceled yesterday because of 3 inches. Then it rained the rest of the day, then it snowed all night and now we have about 3 more fresh inches. Moral of the story is: bad weather puts a damper on missionary work. I guess its pretty though :)

We have a mini missionary with us this week. I have learned so much french being around him all the time. I want a french companion bad. Yesterday we tromped around outside all day delivering the gingerbread cookies that mom sent me the mix for. It worked out well that i got to say goodbye to a lot of people because there was no church.

Umm, we're in the middle of Paris right now because I wanted to come up for P day before getting shipped 600 kilometers away to Brest. Its pretty sloshy with all the snow.

Oh! We set a baptismal date with one of our amis! His name is Esaie. It is a 30 something year old black man that we found knocking doors during my first transfer. Well, we have been teaching him slowly and steadily ever since, and now he's going to get baptized just after I leave!He has come such a long way; He used to smoke two packs a day and now he only smokes one cigarette every other day. We have the goal for him to stop completely on Christmas day. We were in the rendez-vous talking about baptism a bit and i was like "Esaie, here's what we're going to do. We're going to pick a date, then we're all going to get down on our knees and you're going to pray about it. We're going to be especially attentive to what we feel and what the spirit tells us. After we finish praying I want you to tell me what you feel." So we picked January 15 and he prayed about it. As soon as he said "le quinze janvier" in his prayer I literally felt a sparkle come into my heart. Afterwards he said he felt good about it and the he wanted to do it. Woo!! :)

One last thing: for a long time I've been trying to get Elder Hann to tell me what he wrote about me on the confidential report to President that he writes once a transfer as a district leader. I thought it was because he had written something bad that he wouldn't tell me (because sometimes we haven't seen eye to eye). Well later while I was talking to someone at a train station he told the sisters what he had written. Sis McClaine said he had written that I was the reason why Evry has investigators and that I was the reason why Evry was doing so well. I thought it had been bad!

One more last thing: remember Sony? the golden golden investigator we had that dropped off the face of the earth? We started teaching him again!!! He is just as golden as ever. That is a good thing to leave Evry on :) I'm sure he will get baptized soon.

Christmas love,
Elder Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment