Monday, January 2, 2012

I feel like Lille is the fulfillment of all the times on my mission when I have given it my all but not seen results. It is so good here. God's work is so good here. This week we had two more baptisms to end the transfer. It was one of the sweet sweet experiences that make missions worth it. That makes three baptisms in one transfer here. Heavenly Father is letting Elder Godfrey and I stay another transfer here which is good because we have at least two more incredible people that are going to be baptized soon. The members here are worthy and ready for miracles and it is amazing. There have been so many in the short 6 weeks that I have been here. They are helping me to become the missionary that I've always wanted to be. The missionary that I believe God wants me to be. Heavenly Father is incredible. He lets you learn and struggle for a season, then all at once He lets you see the fruits of your struggles. For every "struggle" that we may encounter in life the world will offer us a hundred different solutions. These are instantaneous and "magic" solutions that may relieve pain for a time, but lack any sort of long term healing. In turning to our Father we learn that the only force that can permanently fix all that is wrong is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In it is the power to heal all wounds and right all unfairness. That is what I am learning daily in sharing with others. God is letting me see it work in my own missionary experience here in Lille. I am blessed to be here.

The baptisms of Grâce and Prudence went incredibly well. They both were happily baptised and confirmed into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Grâce asked me to confirm her so I got to do so on New Years Day in front of two wards meeting together for a joint New Years sacrament meeting. It was the first time I've ever confirmed someone. Those two girls shine. Their mom should be getting baptised in the coming few weeks. While watching her two daughters get baptised she starting asking if she could just get in and be baptised too! Haha, I told her that we had an extra dress but that we would have to run do the baptismal interview really quick :) We decided to wait, but we hope to fix her date very soon. Our other golden ami was at the baptism also. It is Pascale. She is ready to get baptised. She also came to all three hours of church this week, loved it, and brought us chocolates. Like, realllly good chocolates. She lives out in the country and drives in to town to have rdv's with us and come to church. She is always early to everything :) She is looking for a new apartment and then she will be ready for baptism. We have a member of the seventy in our neighbor ward here, and after talking to her on Sunday he came up and told us that she was going to get baptised. It feels good when a seventy tells you that :) It is Elder Boutoille (third quorum of the seventy). That made me think of something else though- I remember at the beginning of my mission I would also be so pleased with myself when I had amis at church and someone like a stake president would visit the ward and see me sitting by my amis. I remember feeling just so cool. This past sunday Elder Boutoille was sitting on the stand watching me confirm and sit by my amis, but I didn't even once cross my mind that I was "so cool doing work and being seen for it." When I get so caught up in doing missionary work I think less and less about other non-important things.

Elder Godfrey and I are recieving this week two more missionaries in our apartment. They are two "dying" missionaries again that are in there last transfer and finishing out together with a "special mission to find and teach young adults." It's cool, but it's not very fun to be with all these old missionaries that keep going home. So we are hoping that these two that come are good workers and not to messy (are apartment is SO CLEAN).

Well, I love you. This afternoon we are going to see Lille's famous museum of art: Musée de Beaux Arts. I'm excited.

Happy New Year!
Elder Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment