Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Sorry I can't attach any pictures for some reason... woes of an internet café. Well, this week was hard because we lost Pascale. She was going so so well. We had one rdv with her and fixed a baptismal date this week, then the day after she sent us a text saying that she wanted to be done. She said that she looked at stuff on the internet and doesn't think you have to pay money to love Christ. But I don't think that's the realy reason. She had a doctors appointment that day to make sure all of an old cancer was gone, but I think the test came back postive that she still had some cancer and that just really hurt her. In her text she told us that she would miss us and that she would keep reading the Book of Mormon, but that "our paths together had ended."

That is the worst feeling ever. Satan is such a bum. There are some people that you know aren't going to make it through to baptism, others that you think will, and then others that you know are going to be baptised. Pascale was one of those people. Well, I guess she still is and I hope and pray for her to come back around, but for the moment she won't answer our calls or anything :( Preach My Gospel says that you will have experiences like that as a missionarybut that it's okay if you did everything possible. Ughh. It's just sad. I was so happy for her.

So that is that. It was on Wednesday. On the other hand though, Anne-Marie is progressing very well. We are still doing everything we can to fix a baptismal date with her. She bore her testimony at church on Sunday as well as one of her newly baptised daughters, Prudence.

I'm doing emails today because yesterday we had interviews with President Poznanski. We had them for our zone here in Lille. Elder Godfrey and I led an hour and a half workshop on how to find people to teach. Like, how to contact someone on the road and how to have the faith that there are people there that listen. We shared a lot of our own recent examples of cool people that we have found. This transfer Elder Godfrey and I decided that if we ever have a free morning we don't eat lunch until we have gotten the phone number/address of 2 new people to teach. So far so good. We've had the opportunity to do it three times. Twice we suceeded, and once we ended up knocking on doors until like nine in the evening trying to find them. We didn't, but at least it made us work really hard!

Today for p-day we were going to go to the big art museum here but it's closed. So instead we are going to the zoo :)

I'm glad to here that everything is going so well at home. I am jealous of the snowboarding. I am happy for Caleb getting engaged (I can't wait till he sends me and email to tell me about it), and I am full of joy to hear about Brad going to the temple. What a man.

I got three very nice late Christmas cards this week. From the Stice's, the Bruun's and the Clawsons.

I love you!

Elder Coburn

ps, it still hasn't snowed here... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment