Monday, February 28, 2011

Bonjour mes chères frères et soeurs!

This is one of those p-days that I am going to remember for a long time. France is so gorgeous!!! Today we went to Menehem and bummed out on the beach for most of the morning. There are gigantic boulders EVERYWHERE. One of the pictures that I am sending is Elder Huff and I posing with our car on the beach. We've been planning out this picture for a long time. Cool huh? What's not cool is that we got STUCK in the sand. We had intentionally only driven a few feet into the sand so that we WOULDN'T get stuck, but nonetheless, we got stuck. We were freaking out. Are we supposed to call President? Call a tow truck? Of course not. We hiked off to the nearby village and sweet talked some locals. In the best french I could muster I walked up to this guy and was like "Hi... umm... we're parked a little bit badly... in the sand... do you have a truck?" Well he didn't have a truck (nobody in France does) but he flagged down his buddy that was puttering past in his utility van and before we knew it we were back on the beach and they were pulling us out of the sand. Don't you love small towns? After we were out I asked the guy if there was anything we could do for him. He said "You're missionaries right? All that I ask is that you never come knock on my door." We assured him he was safe from us.

Other than that we at bread and cheese by the lighthouse, went shell searching, went rock hunting, acted like little boys, etc...

This week Elder Huff and I went out to go on exchanges in Rennes. Basically, we lit the work on fire there. I went with Elder Shumway to have their only scheduled rendez-vous of the day with a guy named Juan. He has apparently been taught by the missionaries in Ecuador, London, and now France. I don't really know what the other missionaries have been doing though, because Juan hardly knew what baptism was. Anyway, we talked about it for a long time and then set a baptismal date with him!! I felt all good about myself because Elder Shumway (in his second transfer) told me it was the best rendez-vous he has had since he has been in France. Woohoo! Then both our companionships went knocking doors and we had three lessons in a matter of hours. Big stuff.

Annnd, even though we lost two days to Rennes, we still managed to have ten lessons back in Brest this week :) My favorite new investigor is the British guy I told you about last week. We had our first lesson with him and it was soooo gooooood. We have more lessons planned for this week. Also this week we found an inactive American thats been living in Brest for a couple months. He's from Michigan so him and banter with each other quite a bit. So we're going to start working with him. Marion and Christelle are back on track after not being able to see them for a couple weeks. Michel is good. Isabelle and Gervais are alright. Our other investigators are good. People, people, people... they're my life. It's true that you literally have to 'forget yourself' on your mission.

You want to hear the lyrics for a song I'm working on? It's called 'Your Royal Blood'

Who is this King of Glory?
Who is this King of Kings?
This is our God, we have waited for him.
This is the Lord, we have waited for him.

Your royal blood, passed down from kings.
Your royal light, forever brings,
Peace to the children of the kingdom,
Peace as prophesy sings
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Your royal blood.

Pourquoi tremble-je,
Quand j'entends son nom divin?
Pourquoi ai-je peur,
De celui qui me donne du pain?

Your royal blood, passed down from kings.
Your royal light, forever brings,
Peace to the children of the kingdom,
Peace as prophesy sings
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Your royal blood.

It's not finished.

Gotta go!!!
It's time for Family Home Evening... except its at the church, and it's not my family. It is the evening though.

Love love love,
Elder Coburn

No comments:

Post a Comment